The North American Epic is something special!
To be able to cycle from the northern most reaches of our continent to its southern end seemed irresistible for some who signed up immediately. But the NAE is more than just a trans-continental journey on 2 wheels. The route includes some of the world’s premier national parks, and historically significant sites. In fact, each of 10 highlights below is in itself a good reason to consider joining NAE for the whole or a part of the ride.
Here are our 10 reasons why you should cycle The Nort American Epic:
1. THE DEMPSTER HIGHWAY: a 456 mile (730 km) long all-weather gravel road.
2. THE ICEFIELDS PARKWAY: Carved through the heart of the Rocky Mountain Parks World Heritage Site, this is one of Canada’s iconic cycling routes.
3. GOING TO THE SUN: The Going-to-the-Sun Road is a spectacular 50 mile, paved two-lane highway.
4. THE WILD WEST: The southwestern states of Utah and Arizona provide cycle tourists with a journey through geological time and modern human history unlike any other.
5. CEVICHE AND CACTI: wash down a huge shrimp cocktail and some octopus ceviche with a margarita in San Felipe.
6. CENTRAL MEXICO’S HISTORIC TOWNS: visit the extraordinary Unesco World Heritage city of Guanajuato.
7. MESO-AMERICAN ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES: see impressive architecture and symbolic artwork.
8. LAGO DE ATITLAN: discover what may be ‘the fairest of them all’ – Lake Atitlan.
9. GRANADA’S COLONIAL CHARMS: Churches, plazas, museums and outdoor bistros all feature in the city’s charm.
10. BECAUSE IT’S THERE!
Book the tour now: >> N A E - Tour